Title: Design Engineer
Type: Salary plus bonus
Evco Sound & Electronics, Inc. is a low voltage electrical contractor specializing in Professional Sound and Audio Visual systems. This position will be directly responsible for the technical details associated with the AV and Sound systems Evco provides and supports. You will work closely with a team of highly skilled Designers, Engineers and Account Executives in support of a wide variety of customers.
The job duties include the creation of a complete bill of materials, verification of the working solution and direction as to the creation of technical drawings. This position will also provide oversite where needed for the proper adoption of installation requirements and the implementation of industry standards.
- Provide technical design and technical verification of design-build systems
- Collaborate with design peers and account executives to create a competent system design that meets customers’ requirements while maintaining high-quality design principles
- Verification and engineering of awarded bid system designs
- Provide direction to drafting technicians to complete shop drawings in compliance with company standards
- Provide technical support to the Operations department, Sales department and Service department as needed
- Assist with bid take-offs and compilation of pricing for bids on an as-needed basis
- Meet with manufacturer sales representatives to keep up with current and new product offerings to better meet the needs of our customers
- A minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited College or University or 5 Years of equivalent industry experience in Professional Sound Reinforcement or Professional Audio-Visual systems
- Ability to understand complex construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical raceway design
- Strong understanding of basic electrical theory
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt a wide range of software and hardware
- Must complete industry training and certifications as required
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people skills with an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Must have excellent customer service skills to work with both external and internal customers
- Must be able to read and develop technical drawings and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work through and solve complex problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on work load requirements
- Knowledgeable in IP networking and infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in Audio and Video over IP protocols
- Knowledgeable in Digital Audio and Video Systems
- Electrical or General Construction background
- Exposure to structural and mechanical design
- AutoCAD or Similar Experience
- E.A.S.E. (Enhanced Acoustic Simulator for Engineers) Design Experience
- Factory training for Digital Signal Processor programming from manufacturers such as Biamp, QSC, BSS Audio, MediaMatrix, Control System Programming or Design training with Crestron, Extron, AMX or other related factory training
- BICSI Certification
- InfoComm Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- SynAudCon Training
- Live Audio or Video Production Experience
- Experience in Audio and Video system tuning, calibration and commissioning
- Sound Reinforcement System Design
- Broadcast Video or Audio-Visual System Design
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, best practices and procedures within the Information Technology discipline (ITIL)
- Actual field experience
It is expected that this position will require a moderate amount of travel and may require multiple days out of town. It will also be required to occasionally travel to customer and vendor sites.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Some light lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
- A minimum of business casual dress is required
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
*Submit Resumes to
Evco Sound and Electronics Inc.
3511 E Trent Ave. Spokane, WA 99202
Phone (509) 535-8718 FAX (509) 534-2795